February 22, 2008

something you don't see everyday

Eva and Mary Margaret took these pictures of me *shiver* sewing.
I very rarely get the sewing machine out, and when I do, I make a big show about how much I HATE (!!!) sewing! This is just a simple little sewing project for a costume that Mary Margaret needed for a musical theatre piece she was singing in the music festival. She was singing "Rainbow Connection" from "The Muppet Movie". I am making Mary Margaret an awesome pair of rainbow legwarmers!! Mary also sang "Gee, I'm glad I'm Nobody Else But Me" from Anne of Green Gables. Luckily, I was able to borrow a costume for that song, including a hat with the red braids attached! (Mary won 1st place. Yay!!)
This was a super easy project, much easier than other costumes I've had to make for skating, dance, or choir. Angels, dogs, mermaids, skirts, vests, ...ick! I've also made coats, curtains, pillow cases, duvet covers, first communion dresses, doll clothes, hats...and then I realized that I really did not enjoy sewing at all.
I usually make lots of mistakes, and have to stitch-pick whole rows of thread. Arg! It is so frustrating. I would much rather bake a cake.

No comments: