February 5, 2008

Axis and Allies

A funny thing happened on the way to the shoe store... No, really... after school I was dragging (well, almost) Thomas into a store to buy some new shoes for church, when we just happened to go past the Red Balloon Toy Store! What happened next is a bit of a blur (I suspect some sort of hypnosis or Jedi mind trick), but somehow I ended up in the toy store with at least five kids, admiring the latest "Webkinz" when Thomas was kind enough to remind me that I had promised him a cash reward for passing his karate grading quite some time ago. It's amazing how children can recall down to the penny any outstanding debt, yet daily piano practice is so hard to remember! Anyway, Thomas was right, and he quickly guided me over to the games section (before the hypnosis wore off, I bet) and asked to to reach the Axis and Allies board game. Mission accomplished! Here is Thomas playing Axis and Allies with Felicity and Eva.
Oh, yeah, I made him get a new pair of shoes, too.

No comments: