February 13, 2008

penne with red chard and country sausage

Here's a nice healthy meal that is also quick to fix. I got the recipe from epicurious.com, and just tweaked it a bit.First I sauteed some country sausage, then just kept it warm in the oven.
Saute garlic, purple onion, in a bit of olive oil. Add some hot pepper flakes. Oh, I also decided to add some sliced red pepper, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
My very favourite leafy green -- red chard! Swiss chard?
The chard just takes a couple minutes to cook, so I made sure the pasta was ready before I added the chard to the onion/pepper mixture. Then I simply mixed the penne with a whole bunch of freshly grated parmesan cheese, and all the veggies.
This was so good. I added some toasted pine nuts and a bit more cheese, too. Yum! Everyone else had the country sausage on their pasta, and really liked it. I gave up meat for lent, so until Easter, my meals will be vegetarian. We had a nice bottle of wine from Greg's cousin. Cheers, Dom!
Hey, Felicity!

No comments: