July 28, 2007

Sooke Potholes

Greg and I took the kids to the Sooke Potholes for the afternoon. I used to ride my bike there almost every day in the summer when I was about 11-14 years old. The water is still just as cold as I remember it. Brrr...Mary, Cin-Cin, Grace, Thomas, Heather, and Felicity about to go in the cool clear water.
Eva has her snorkeling mask on. I am holding Cin-Cin. The day was a bit cloudy, but the water actually felt really nice (once you got used to it.) Gregory and Felicity and Eva went up the river exploring with their snorkels.
Gracie.
Heather is warming up in a blanket, after her swim.
Thomas.
After swimming we went up the potholes to where there is an old building site. A resort was going to be built, but the developer ran out of money, but you can see how amazing it would have been, up on a mountain, with gorgeous views, and a waterfall below.
This is Mary Margaret. See how high we are above the water? I get kind of dizzy, looking over the edge there.
How cute is Trinity beside the thistles?
Here is Heather, Eva, Felicity, Thomas, Trinity, me (holding Trinity), and Mary. I was trying (not too successfully) not to freak out, because we are on such a sheer cliff, and I was worried about the kids , well, you know... plunging to their deaths. Aside from me spazzing out, I think everyone had fun.

No comments: