May 7, 2007

Slava

Saint George Slays the Dragon


Saint George Slays the Dragon

Yesterday we celebrated "Slava" for the first time with my mum and her husband Rod. Rod is from Serbia where they celebrate the feast day of their family's patron saint. They call it Slava. Their patron saint is St. George. It was a lot of fun, and there was so much food! There was a roast lamb and also a pig roasting over a big fire. (My favorite was the stuffed peppers made by Rod's mum.) It was nice to meet Rod's family, too. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins and Thomas used our cam-corder to film a whole bunch of stuff. We watched it last night and it was highly entertaining. Grace and Heather played their little violins for everyone and looked so cute. I can't believe that I forgot my camera, though. Darn!

No comments: