May 9, 2007

Simple marinade

I don't have a name for this recipe, but it is one of my favorites. It is very simple marinade for chicken or pork: 1 part Thai chili garlic sauce and 3 parts teriyaki sauce (that's it!). I don't actually measure the amounts, but if you like your food really spicy, add more chili sauce. (or you could add more chili sauce at the table) Tonight I made it with skinless boneless chicken thighs. I let the chicken marinate in a large zip-lock baggie in the fridge for about 6 hours. This is best done on the bar-b-q, but I have also baked it in the oven and even sort of pan-fried it with a bit of vegetable oil & sesame oil.
I served the chicken with jasmine rice, stir-fried baby bok choy & snow peas in a black bean sauce, and spring rolls. A couple kids thought it was a bit spicy, but everyone loved it and they all cleaned their plates. The spring rolls are not homemade, I just buy them frozen and heat them up in the oven.

No comments: