June 27, 2009

Mexico with Mary

February was very cold and snowy. I had no plans to go anywhere warm, but when my dad called and told me that he was sick of all the snow and was going to Mexico, I thought that was a very good idea. When he asked me if Greg and I could come along, I thought it was a GREAT idea!
Unfortunately, Gregory had a trial to prepare for, but since I had already dusted off the suitcases from under the bed and flung my bathing suit and flip-flops inside, I sort of had to go...right? So I decided to take Mary Margaret with me.
Ruth, Mary, me, and my dad, enjoying ourselves in Mexico.
Mayan Riviera
Mary got her hair done in Playa del Carmen. Nice.
Our Hotel roomMary loves climbing trees, especially in Mexico.
Towel swan
Real swans.

Real Parrots.
Real people. Ruth, Mary, and my dad is in the pool behind them. Ha!
Mary and Grampa Mike in the pool.Mary, Dad and I went on a really cool excursion one day. We did some rappelling into a cenote, swam in a cenote, Went kayaking (saw some crocodiles!) did an awesome zip-line trip, had a delicious meal cooked by some sweet Mayan ladies, and then we had a tour of the really cool pyramids and ruins.
Yes, we all climbed to the top! This is Coba.Here are some of the ladies that prepared our meal.

We were off the beaten track here for sure, and it was really neat for Mary to see how real families lived. Also, our tour guide was excellent.
Mary Margaret and I are having a lovely stroll at the resort. Here I am relaxing by the pool, reading a trashy novel, and wondering if it's too early for a margarita.Time to go home. We had a great time Dad, thanks for the suggestion.

No comments: