May 19, 2008

fish cakes

I made these delicious fish cakes with some halibut pieces that my mum gave me. To make fish cakes:
Flake cooked halibut (approx. 1Lb) into large bowl. Mix in the following;
1 cup chopped green onion
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp flour
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 egg
1 cup panko- (Japanese breadcrumbs)
salt & pepper

Shape into cakes,and coat with more panko.
Heat 4 Tbsp olive oil over medium- high heat. Cook fish cakes until brown and crisp, about 6 minutes per side.
You should also make some aioli to serve as a sauce with the fish cakes.
In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt & pepper. I also added some chopped capers, just for a change.
I made this as a main course with mashed potatoes, and a cucumber salad, but these would also make great appetizers if you made them a bit smaller.
We really like this Damasco wine from Zanatta, a local winery.

No comments: