May 19, 2008

The bad news is...

Our vehicles were broken in twice in one week! On Sunday night, they stole our portable DVD player from the truck, which I stupidly left unlocked. From the van,the thieves stole the girls' dance bag (highland dance shoes, body suits, etc.) and the briefcase that we bring with us to church. I was upset about this loss the most because it had lots of nice books and missals inside that were either quite old, or expensive, or had been given to the children for first communion, etc. It also had some rosaries and the veils that the girls and I wear to mass. Two days later, the truck window was smashed (I locked the doors) and the radar detector was gone! What jerks! The police brought over a "bait car", that has a camera in it that starts rolling as soon as the door is opened. It was here for a few days, but no one took the "bait".
This is the new bag I bought for all our church books, etc. I love it.
The good news is that St. Anthony answered my prayer! After I ordered new veils, I prayed to St. Anthony that the church books would be returned. He is the patron saint for lost items, and has helped us out numerous times. When I got home later that day, Greg told me that someone had found the briefcase and books scattered along the road. They saw our phone number in one of the books, and called us, saying they had the books and bag at their house. I was so thrilled. I bought them a huge bouquet of flowers and drove over right away to thank them. Strangely enough, the veils were not in the bag. Gregory and I drove down the road where the books were found, to see if the veils had blown away,or were caught in some trees, but we didn't see any. However, Greg did find the dance bag and all the highland dance slippers!
Thank you, St. Anthony!

No comments: