October 8, 2008

Welcome to Canada Patrick

Peter's friend Patrick is visiting Canada (from Germany) and staying with Sorin, so we thought we would invite him over for dinner, and meet him. His first introduction to Canada was ...um...well, horrible!
It's a hilarious story, but I won't get into all the details here. The main point is that Sorin was driving Patrick home (after dinner, and after a long flight from Germany) and somehow Sorin got stuck in a ditch, and told Patrick to get out and push. It was totally dark outside and poor Patrick found himself completely dunked in some very dirty, smelly ditch water! **YUCK**
Sorin laughs and refers to the incident as "Patrick's baptism". Ha.
Anyway, here is Patrick, totally at home with our family, enjoying a delicious meal and some nice wine. Welcome to Canada, Patrick.
Gregory made an amazing meal for us. Bar-B-Q steak (I already inhaled about half of my steak before tearing myself away from my plate to grab my camera!), oven fried potatoes, Cucumber salad and bread. *drool*
For dessert, I made a very canadian blackberry and apple pie.

No comments: