September 6, 2008

Happy birthday Mary Margaret

Mary is now 12 years old. Yay! We had a pretty busy day on Mary's birthday. Greg's cousins and Aunt & Uncle and Emilie and her family were visiting us from Seattle, New York, and New Jersey. We had a really fun Bar-B-Q and Thomas had a lot of boys to run around with, too.
Eva, Felicity, and Mary did such a nice job, singing some songs in Romanian, and Latin, too. The girls were begging me to not make them sing, as they were not sure if they were singing the Romanian songs right, and they were a bit nervous. But there was no way we could let Tatabun down. He loves to practice music with the children and is so proud of them all. I think they sounded lovely, and everyone joined in the singing of the Romanian national anthem, and also for "Ave Maria".
Mary also played a very nice piece on her guitar. Thank you, Mary. Felicity played the piano, and Eva played her cello, too. I think everyone was impressed.
After the 'concert' it was time for some birthday cake. I made Mary a chocolate mousse cake...
and a pineapple cheesecake. Happy Birthday, Mary Margaret!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Kelly!
M name is Monika, and I'm a friend of Irina Suciu,(I belong somehow to the Safirescu family-my mother and Oliver (Sorin's brother)are "dating"-and I also know Peter and last year I met in Munich Greg and Sorin,and Thomas- and I have been watching your blog for some time(since february, I think).The cakes in the pictures, and all the dishes look great! could you give me the recipe of ananas-cheesecake, and of lemon merengue-pie? mon_ix@yahoo.com