June 9, 2007

Queen of the garden

No, I am not the queen of the garden. The rose is the queen of the garden. Here are some roses from my garden. This is a white climbing rose that is beside the door of the guest house.

This bright pink rose smells so sweet. I am reminded of Turkish delight every time I smell this. It is right outside Trinity & Grace's window.

Small pink rose bush in the front garden. It doesn't always look that great, but this year is pretty nice.

Yellow roses in the front garden. Gorgeous.

I actually won 1st prize in the Cobble Hill fair a few years ago **best rose in show** with this one. It is called "peace". I still have the ribbon, but alas, I had to give the (very coveted) trophy back. This light yellow rose is so pretty with just a touch of pink on the edges.

Isn't this the most precious darling rose ever? It is a ground cover type and is near our hot tub.

I have never seen these roses look so good. They are an old fashioned type of rose and they grow like crazy! Very nicely scented and these are growing up to the very top of our apple tree and are just loaded with blooms!

{sigh} These roses are pure romance! They are soft, delicate and smell so beautiful.
I am quite ruthless when it comes to pruning them, and a couple times I wondered if I had gone too far, but they have set more buds than ever this year, so I guess a little "tough love" was good for them. These roses are at the bottom of the stairs leading to the kitchen door, and my favorite.

No comments: